The County of Volusia constructed a 350 feet long ADA accessible pier to provide public access to the Indian River Lagoon at the County’s Smyrna Dunes Park. Coastal Tech-GEC designed, obtained permits, and supported construction of the pier.
- obtained a location/hydrographic survey of the adjacent upland and submerged lands;
- conducted a Submerged Aquatic Vegetation (SAV) survey surrounding the pier;
- provided customary conceptual, preliminary, and final design of the pier;
- prepared and submitted a formal FIND Waterways Assistance Program Application and represented the County at a FIND Board meeting – resulting in a FIND funding for the pier;
- obtained SJRWMD and USACE permits;
- spot-checked construction for compliance with plans, specifications and permits.