Brevard County maintains and operates this 4.58-acre community park fronting the Indian River Lagoon; the park includes a boat ramp, a canoe/kayak launch area, shoreline fishing and the POW/MIA Community Center; the Park has sufficient parking to accommodate 36 boaters with trailers. Following impacts and damage from several hurricanes, the County replaced or repaired existing facilities and improved navigation via dredging of a new channel.
- obtained a benthic resource survey and a hydrographic survey;
- assessed the structural condition of existing docks and ramp;
- provided customary conceptual, preliminary, and final design services for the relocated channel and replacement docks – without damage to the existing ramp;
- obtained SJRWMD, USACE and USCG permits; and
- spot-checked construction for compliance with plans, specifications and permits.