Brevard County acquired this former commercial manufacturing site and developed this nearly 4 acre park to meet public demand for new boat launch facilities. The 3.9 acre park includes six lanes of boat ramps, fifty parking spaces, and over 1 acre of impervious pavement with a dry retention basin with underdrains and weir with overflow discharge into the Indian River Lagoon.
- assisted the County in locating an appropriate site for this facility including attending several public meetings with stakeholders;
- conducted resource surveys, geotechnical investigations, and a hydrographic study;
- provided customary conceptual, preliminary, and final design services for all site improvements to create the park including over 1 acre of impervious pavement and a dry retention basin with underdrains and weir discharging into the Indian River Lagoon;
- obtained SJRWMD and USACE permits; and
- spot-checked construction for compliance with plans, specifications and permits.