The Florida Department of Environmental Protection (FDEP) improved the shoreline surrounding Nocorocco Point to reduce or halt the historical shoreline erosion, provide protection of archaeological sites including a cemetery, improve the shoreline stability, and provide for the vegetative plantings to restore Living Shoreline habitat.
Coastal Tech – GEC:
- obtained a hydrographic survey of the Project area;
- researched public records regarding historical or archaeological sites within the Project area;
- identified jurisdictional boundaries areas and mapped exotic and mangrove communities;
- provided customary conceptual, preliminary, and final design services for the Project including oyster reef, wetland vegetation, revetment, and Living Shoreline – without any excavation to avoid potential archeological resources;
- obtained SJRWMD and USACE permits; and
- spot-checked construction for compliance with plans, specifications and permits.