In 2012, the City of Kissimmee constructed improvements to the City’s marina facilities on Lake Tohopekaliga. Prior to issuance of a SFWMD permit, the SFWMD required a hydrographic study to assess whether the flushing time of the marina basin meets State standards. The Study (a) concluded that the marina basin would flush within 26.3 hours and within State standards, and (b) was accepted by the SFWMD for approval of the permit application.
- provided a detailed description of the hydrodynamic system surrounding the marina;
- assessed flow amplitude under representative wind conditions;
- apply a numerical model to estimate the time required to reduce an initial concentration of a hypothetical conservative pollutant to ten percent (10%) of initial concentration;
- field verified the numerical model;
- provided a summary report to support the FDEP permit application.